Dragon Academy can be played is match-three game which can be played without any cost. It is free to play game. In this game, you have to complete levels that will earn your dragons experience. Level up your dragons and watch as they earn new powers and abilities with which you can clear new boards.
- Choosing Stage - Choose which stage you will complete from here. The stages you’ve already played through are denoted with the star ranking you received.
- Display of Game Board/Status – Just below the game board, you will see an image of your dragon, your dragon’s level, name, a score meter to discern how close you are to a three-star ranking, and a meter displaying how close you are to completing each level’s goal.
- The menu has information about settings, leaderboards, achievements, volume controls, and a quick reminder of how to match tiles.
Know How to Play
- Dragon Academy is a match-three (or four, depending on the situation) game that asks you to match the same colored gems to score combos.
- Matching three same-colored gems will clear out those gems only.
- Matching four same-colored gems will score you a striped dragon egg. The dragon egg must be swapped to create another match, but instead of clearing only the three gems, it will clear out an entire vertical or horizontal line of gems.
- Mixing several striped dragon eggs will net you a rainbow dragon egg, which can clear a good portion of the board.
- Gems can be matched vertically, horizontally, and in L-shaped formations.
- Gems matching is done by tapping and dragging gems to swap with others on the board, as you cannot match from anywhere on the board, as in Candy Crush Saga.
- There are some stages where will require you to complete specific objectives, such as clearing out tiles that are covered in “goo.” These prerequisites must be cleared before you will be allowed to continue to the next stage.
- Depending on your score, you will be assigned a 1 to 3-star ranking for each stage, allocating different amounts of experience points.
- In case you do not achieve a stage, you can continue by purchasing additional lives with real-world cash, or you can start from the beginning of the stage to have another go.
- Each and every time you restart, you use up a life. In case you are out of lives, you must wait for them to fill up, or ask friends via Facebook/social networking to send you additional lives.
Important Tips and Tricks
- In case you get stuck, try the power-ups allocated to you each level. Use Runic Hammers to instantly destroy any tile. The Rainbow Wand can turn any egg into a striped egg.
- You should play wisely. You have a limited number of moves you can make before it is game over. You should try to make the best out of the gems you have. Get the most you can from each swap. Just because the game suggests you should move a specific tile, that doesn’t mean you should always take its advice.