Start Your Game
- Farm Heroes Saga is free that means it can be played without any cost. For playing it, you have to click on the “Play Now!” Button.
- As you start Farm Heroes Saga, the farm animal will show you a brief tutorial that will explain the basics the game Farm Heroes Saga.
Know About The Basics
- Farm Heroes Saga is a match-3, which means you need to match 3 or more of the same kind of fruit to make them disappear, and score points.
- When you begin a level in the game, you will be given goals that you need to achieve to pass the level. This will usually be to collect all the fruits that are requested and to reach 100% growth. Look at the left side of the screen, you see here how many of which kind of fruit is requested. When you have collected enough of one fruit, focus on collecting the rest of the other fruits.
- You get 100% growth when you collect all the fruits, but the ‘growth’ can use some explanation, as a higher percentage of growth will lead to a better score for that level.
- There is need to collect 10 strawberries, 10 suns and 10 apples. In total, you must collect 30 fruits, so 100% growth is reached when you collect 30 of these fruits, regardless of which ones they are; as long as they are one of the requested fruits. If 150% growth gives you two stars, this means you need to collect 150% of 30 fruits, or 45 fruits. If you need 200% growth for three stars, collect a total of 60 strawberries, suns and apples.
- IMPORTANT TIP: If you do not match and collect fruits that are not requested, do not go to your growth score, so try to focus on the fruits requested.
- IMPORTANT TIP: If you earn a higher star rank, it will also give you more magic beans, which really come in handy when you are fighting Rancid the Raccoon.
Know About Advanced Game Elements
- There are many fruits on the field which will have a number next to them. This number depicts that, when your next match collects that fruit, it will count as the number on the fruit. As an example: if you match a fruit with a number 3, with two normal fruits, it will count as a total of 3+1+1=5 fruits.
- In case you are able to make a match with 4 or 5 fruits, either in one row or in a corner, a bonus is given in the form of extra numbers. These are randomly distributed over the level, however will give you a big advantage. Keep an eye out on fruits that are close to each other as pictured below. In that example, moving the bottom right strawberry one to the left, will create a 5-fruit combo!
- As you collect all the requested fruits, Hero Mode will be activated. In this mode, every turn random fruits will be given bonus numbers. Make good use of that to reach the highest growth possible.
- As there are flowers also, so besides several kinds of fruits, you will sometimes be asked to collect flowers. Flowers are a little tough to collect though. A flower goes through three stages before it can be collected. Make a match of other fruits next to a flower to proceed to the next stage, and then make yet another match to collect the flower. Flowers themselves cannot move or be matched with.
- IMPORTANT TIP: It can be simple to become too focused on collecting the flowers, to the point that you are not collecting enough of the other fruits. Keep an eye out for good combos near a flower like a match that connects with two or more flowers- but otherwise, just let the natural flow of the game do its job and only really focus on the flowers nearer to the end of the level.
- Many different power-ups are available in Farm Heroes Saga. Each power-up has a different function, such as the tractor that collects all fruits on one row, or the 1-up that adds a value of 1 to every collectible fruit. Power-ups are very valuable, so use them wisely.
- While going through your adventures, you will also encounter levels where you can recruit animals for the Farm Club. Finishing the level with more stars, means that you will recruit more animals. Recruit all the animals from one group to earn free power-ups!
- While going through several points in your adventure, you will have an encounter with Rancid the Raccoon, and a ‘boss fight’ will ensue. Your aim is to make matches with as many collectable fruits as possible. You don’t have an aim for matching a number of a certain type of fruits; as long as you match the fruits shown on the left, you will attack Rancid. Bring his health back to 0% to beat him.
Detail of Important 6 Step Strategy to Play Farm Heroes Saga
- There are many approaches you can take to a level, and there need to find their own style in playing Farm Heroes Saga. But if you are having trouble beating a level, and want to increase your chances of success, this 6-step strategy will help.
- Basically, it is about prioritizing the matches that you make. At once, you will develop a good eye for seeing possible matches, but before you choose to make the first match you see, go through these 6 steps as a checklist, to make the best match possible.
- You should check if there is a chance of making a 4 or 5 fruit combo match. If so, make that match.
- You should check if by making a certain match, other fruits will make a match when the first match disappears. If so, make that match.
- You should check if you can make any match with numbered fruits. If you get at least 3 more, make that match.
- You should check if you require a considerable amount extra of one fruit over the other. For instance, if you need 10 apples and 3 strawberries, match the apples.
- You should check if by making a combo in the bottom part of the level, you can get fruits of the same type closer to another. For example: if 5 strawberries are scattered over several rows but in two columns, make a vertical match so that these strawberries drop down, and you might be able to match them.
- You should check if by matching fruits you don’t have to collect, you can give at least two bonus numbers to collectable fruits around them. If so, make that match.
- If neither of these 6 applies, make the match with the fruit of which you still need to collect most.
- IMPORTANT TIP: As you are taking some time to make a move, fruits might wiggle as a suggestion of which match you can make. These are decent, but not always the best possible matches, make sure to check for better matches first.