Know About House M.D. – Critical Cases
This guide for House M.D. Critical Cases will impart you basic information about the new game developed by Ubisoft. You can play as the member of Dr. House’s diagnostic team and help diagnose and treat the most difficult medical cases. While going through, you will get sufficient knowledge about this game which will help to play the game well.
Start your game:
- Look at the top of the screen you will find your energy balance, your current level and experience, your balance of House credits, your budget, and your favor.
- Look on the left side of the screen you will find your current goals and achievements.
- When you see at the bottom of the screen you will find your colleagues (friends), the store, current meds, supplies, available staff doctors, your inventory, and customization options.
Important Items and their Details:
- Purpose of Budget: This shows available funds in the budget that will be required to purchase items such as medication, upgrades, and treatments for patients. You can increase your budget by treating patients in the clinic and completing critical cases.
- Purpose of House Credits: House credits are the important element in House M.D. House credits can be used to purchase important items, speed up wait times, and increase your budget. House credits can be purchased with cash or Facebook credits.
- Why Energy is required: Every action you perform in the game requires a certain amount of energy. Once you run out of energy you will need to wait for your energy to replenish or purchase an energy refill using House credits. Energy regenerates at a rate of one point every four minutes.
- How to Earn Experience: It is earned by treating patients, completing critical cases, and playing mini-games. Once you have earned enough experience you will level up and unlock upgrades to your hospital.
- How to Earn Favor: It is earned by treating clinic patients and can be used to advance your critical cases.
- Purpose of Disease Database: This database shows you all the different disease you have unlocked. Clicking on a disease will have Dr. House provide you with some information on it.
- Unlocking of Achievements: As you progress through the game you will unlock various achievements. Click on the trophy icon on the left side of your screen to see which ones you’ve completed.
- Colleagues: Other friends who are playing the game are your colleagues. You can send and receive supplies from your colleagues that will allow you to advance your critical cases.
- How to unlock Staff Doctors: Staff doctors are unlocked as you progress through the game. They can be used for consults on occasions when you don’t have colleagues to assist on a case.
- Purpose of Inventory: Your inventory is where you will find items you have purchased such as clothing or energy boosts.
- How to Customize: You can customize your hospital using House credits. You can choose from several different theme packs to customize your hospital.
- Detail of Critical Cases: Critical cases are patients who are part of the main story-line. You will be able to view a bit of their backstory and then you will need to investigate to discover their ailment. By playing mini-games you will uncover clues to what is wrong with them and rule out other ailments.
- Purpose of Clinic: You will need to treat patients in the clinic as well. You will get to choose to send a patient to lab, medicate them, or keep them in the hospital long term. Each choice will provide a different bonus. Bonuses can be budget increases, supplies, or favor. You will want to base your choice on items you require for your critical cases.
- How to Treat Emergency Patient: Sometimes when you treat a clinic patient you will discover an emergency. These patients must be treated immediately and will provide you with a unique mini-game that is usually speed and reflex based (i.e. clicking at the right time, stitching up a cut).
- Machine for Blood Working: This machine is one of the labs in the hospital. You will play a mini-game where you will be shown a cell on the left side of the screen and you will need to find the matching cell on the screen. Match as many as you can in the time provided, while avoiding clicking on the wrong cell, to earn experience and increase your budget.
- Purpose of Exam Machine: The exam machine is another lab in your hospital. Here you will play a traditional matching game. Click on tiles and make matches. The more matches you make in the time provided, the more your budget will increase and the more experience you will earn.
- Purpose of Pharmacy: In the pharmacy, you can place orders for medication. You will need different medications to treat your clinic patients as well as your critical cases. To order medication, click on a pharmacy table and select the medication you wish to purchase and the amount you wish to purchase. You will need to wait a certain amount of time for you order to be completed. When it is completed, click on the table to collect the medication.
- Purpose of Medicines (Meds): There are six different types of meds that you can provide your patients with. They are glandular (green), digestive (purple), heart (red), chemical (yellow), body (blue), and head (white). You can order meds in batches. The larger the batch the longer it will take to be ready, but it’s also more cost effective. As you level up you will unlock large batches.
- Detail of Supplies: This consists of items such as tongue depressors, syringes, and gauze. Supplies can be sent to you by your colleagues or earned by treating patients in the clinic. Maintaining your supplies is vital to treating your critical cases. If you do not have the necessary supplies you will not be able to progress the case until you get your hands on them.
- Store: While you can order medication and find supplies by treating clinic patients or request them from your colleagues, you can also purchase them in the store using House credits. You can also purchase clothing, energy boosts, and themes in the store.
How to Treat the Patients
- Two types of patients you will be treating in House M.D. Critical Cases. There are your clinic patients and your critical cases.
- Clinic patients are easy to treat and will provide you with items that will be vital to treating your critical cases.
- For treating a clinic patient, click on one of the patients sitting in the clinic.
- This will bring up a bubble in which they will tell you their ailment and you will be provided with a list of treatment options.
- You can send them to lab, medicate them, or decide that they need long-term care.
- You can choose any of these, but each choice provides a different reward. Consider if you need a larger budget, supplies, or favor and base your decision on that.
- Once you’ve chosen how to treat the patient they will be taken to the appropriate room.
- Follow them to the room and click on them again. If you chose to send them for labs you will play either the blood work mini-game or the exam mini-game to complete their treatment.
- If patents are sent for medication, click on them to find out what they were prescribed. If you need to, order the medication in the pharmacy. If you have the medication you can complete their treatment.
- If a patient is sent to long-term care you will need to visit them in the ward. They will have several requirements that need to be met before they will be discharged.
- The other kind of patients you will be responsible for are critical cases. These patients will come in with mysterious symptoms and you will need to work with Dr. House and his team to eliminate diseases and finally come to a diagnosis.
- If a critical case begins you will be shown the story of how the patient fell ill. Once they arrive at the hospital the team will meet and go over the case details.
- When you have the case details, click on the patient or the diagnosis board in their room to bring up your options.
- The lab mini-games are the same as when you treat your clinic patients but there is one additional mini-game for critical cases, investigation.
- Investigation is a hidden object game in which you will visit a location that is related to the patient and search for clues to what may have caused their illness.
- A list of items will be given to you to search for and at least one of them will provide a clue that will either lead you toward a diagnosis or eliminating one.
- When you have completed a treatment, click on the whiteboard in the patient’s room. Click on the options provided to see if you’ve eliminated anything and to advance the storyline. You can also select your next step here.
- Many times a critical patient will go into cardiac arrest and you will need to resuscitate them. This mini-game is incredible simple. As soon as the timer starts, rapidly click your mouse to charge the paddles. You will be notified when to click to administer a shock. Once your patient has stabilized you will be able to continue their treatment.
- Some times you will need certain supplies to continue treating your patient. You can click on patients in the clinic to see if any of the will provide you with the necessary items or you can request that your colleagues send them to you. If you are really stuck, you can also purchase them using House credits.
- After diagnose of the patient you will be able to treat them for the last time and watch the end of their story. Once they have been discharged you will be able to select your next case. You can also see your available and completed cases by clicking on the receptionist table in the center of the hospital.