Know Basics of KingsRoad:
- Town : Your town is the hub of your adventures. Here you will find many helpful allies in your battle for the freedom of Alderstone.
- In the game, there is Father Byron, the Sage, who will help you manage your inventory, and will buy any items you have no need for anymore. Eventually, he will help you identify ‘unidentified items’, without which, an item can’t be used.
- There is a skill trainer i.e. Sir Kaleb who will teach you new skills and upgrade existing skills in exchange for skill points. Skill points are earned any time you level up, but can also be bought if you’re short on them.
- There is Grisolm, the Class trainer, who can change your class if you want to. More on that later on in the guide. Bertha the Merchant meanwhile will sell you valuable items that will help you in your quest, such as healing items or stronger gear.
- While going ahead in your adventures, new allies will appear in town and offer you their services. One such, very valuable ally, is Lorian, the Cook. She can combine the different ingredients you find on your quests into delicious dishes that will restore your health even faster.
Going on a Quest
- To go on a quest, talk to Emil, the cartographer at the town gate. Select the area, and the nemesis, you want go to.
- When you finish a map quest multiple times, you will ‘gain mastery’ and receive special rewards.
- If you want to move through the world, you should simply click with your left mouse button to where you want to go. Keep the button pressed to continue moving that way.
- In case of any encounter with an enemy, the same controls apply as to moving: click to attack, hold to keep attacking.
- IMPORTANT TIP: In case of any difficulty facing by you, keeping your mouse on an enemy, press and hold Shift key to keep your character steady. This will certainly assist you if you are an archer, and you want to attack from afar, minimizing personal injury.
- Look at the bottom of your screen, you will find 5 slots for special abilities. These slots are extra powerful attacks. By using them costs mana, and will take a short while to recover. Simply click the button, or better yet, press the corresponding key to initiate the ability. Healing items are used the same way.
- In case you intend to assign a different ability, or a different item, to a different button, hover your mouse over the top and click on the arrow to customize it to your taste.
Know about other things you run into during a quest
- In case you end up running out of health and dying, all hope is not lost: you will revive. If you choose to pay for your revival, you will revive instantly and upon coming back, a big blast wave will kill all nearby enemies.
- Scattered across Alderstone you can find ‘superior chests’. Opening one will costs you hard-to-come-by (or easy-to-purchase) crystals, but it will give you several very valuable rewards.
Details of Classes
- Three classes are there in KingsRoad: archer, knight and wizard. Archers specialize in long-range attacks, which keeps them saver from personal harm, but they are generally a little weaker. Knights dive straight into a battle and use their power to overcome any enemy. Wizards also use ranged attacks, albeit weaker than those from archers, but their spells will keep them saver against attacks by enemies.
- As each class has its own distinct merits and demerits in a quest, you might want to try different classes for different situations. Grisolm, the Class trainer in town, can assist you to change your class.
- Take Note that your character’s level, as well as skills, is considered per class. As you gain sufficient experience to level up your wizard to level 5, when you first start with an archer, he will be level 1 again.
- IMPORTANT TIP : If you are planning on using different classes, ensure that you play about equally with the classes you want to use. If you are in a very difficult level and you want to switch to a class that, because he’s not been used as much, is 5 levels lower, you will have an even more difficult time.
Questing with a Party
- Being a hero is doing the right thing, not going for personal glory. So why not do the right thing together, with friends or just complete strangers? By starting a party, you can go through a quest and fight the enemies that threaten the piece in Alderstone, together (up to 3 players).
- To Play a Quest : If you play a quest as part of a party is nothing different than playing it by yourself, with the difference simply being another player doing the same quest, together. Make sure to use the chat function to communicate; don’t leave each other, line up your strategies and figure out what quest to take on next.