Begin Your Game
- As Monopoly Millionaires is a facebook game and played on Facebook, a facebook account is required by everybody who likes to pay this game. In case there is no facebook account, you can sign up for a free account here http://www.facebook.com
- When you have your Facebook account you can go to the game or type the name into the search feature at Facebook. For future play, you can bookmark the link or find it in the “Home” area at Facebook.
- Initially, at the time of playing the game first time, you will be asked to “Like” the game and give contact information to send you special messages and promotional items.
- If you have any friends playing the game already you will see them at the bottom of the screen in order of score ranking from highest to lowest score. Neighbors are a critical component of your success with Monopoly Millionaires.
- IMPORTANT TIP : In case you do not have very many Neighbors be sure to send out invitations located at the top of the screen, as well as posting a notice on your live feed and searching for “Add Neighbor” sites at Facebook. Type in “Monopoly Millionaires Add Neighbors” into the search area and many sites will be revealed that have been started to help others looking for Neighbors to play the game with. Note you will have to add them to your friend list in order to play the game with them so be careful and look for those who are courteous and not spamming the site with multiple “add me” posts.
- Each and every player will get his own game board which is identical to the board game in layout. You will still have to build on the properties with the color coded cards which can only be obtained by visiting your Neighbors and rolling the dice, purchasing them or having them gifted to you.
Element in Monopoly Millionaire
- There are two kinds of element in this game.
- Monopoly Money : For this, symbol is an “M” with two lines drawn through the bottom. (Also notated as – “MM” in this guide)
- Function of Monopoly Gold : This is the higher end game element used to buy decor or purchase investors for your hotels. (Also notated as “MG” in this guide)
- Monopoly Gold can be purchased using Paypal, Facebook Credits or a Major Credit Card. You can also earn free Gold for completing various surveys. (Click on “Add Monopoly Gold” at the top left of game screen to see these options.) You can also convert your Monopoly Gold to Monopoly Money with the minimum conversion at 10,000 MM for 25 MG.
- You are given 10 Gold and 1,000 Monopoly Money to start out.
- Once you turn on the power to your City by purchasing a segment of time in advance that it will be on you can proceed with the game.Note – You will not collect rent on any property if the power goes out.
- You will be taken through a brief tutorial to show you how to build on your land and will be required to purchase two houses which will open up your first property.
Here you will see a sample game screen with the elements labeled and described for you.
Basic Game Screen:
- Game Element Indicators : Here you will see the separate areas for Monopoly Money and Monopoly Gold as well as links to purchase or earn more if needed.
- XP/Level Indicator : This shows you how many XP (Experience points) you currently have and need to reach the next level. You will also see your current level at the end of the indicator.
- Game Setting Control Panel : Click on the Gear to expand this menu as shown in image. Use these settings to toggle game screen quality, zoom in or out, or turn off the sounds.
- Dice Rolls: These can only be accessed for rolls when in a Neighbor’s Game Board but here you can see how many rolls you have and by placing your cursor over this area you can see how much time until you earn another roll.
- Build: Click here to purchase luxuries, markers, traps, and houses. You will see several tabs along the top right of the screen breaking it down into those categories for you.
- Free Gifts: You can click here to send a free gift to a neighbor once every 24 hours. You can choose to send a property card, a dice roll, or a house. You can also choose from three mystery gifts that are of higher value.
- Electric : Click here to purchase electricity to turn on the power. When power is on you can place your cursor here to see how much time is left until the power is turned off again.
- Goal list: Click here to access your current goal list.
- Property Card Inventory: Here you will see an inventory of the cards you have collected while visiting your neighbor’s game boards. Use these to upgrade your Houses whenever possible to increase your rent and earnings.
Know About Movers
- Movers are the term for the game pieces that you move around the game board.
- Each player starts out with the basic car which has no special abilities.
- You can however purchase other movers such as the dog, Boot, and even the Battleship which is very expensive at 125 Monopoly gold but gives you the wonderful benefit of ignoring all roll traps that neighbors place on their boards which will save you a ton in fees.
- Dog : The dog mover always finds a property card when used.
- Boot : The boot mover awards you a free roll of the dice each time you pass go on a Neighbor’s board.
- Top Hat : Top hat mover increases or decreases winning or losses x three.
- Sports Car : This increases your chances of rolling doubles. *Doubles will get you out of Jail.
- Helicopter : This mover flies over the Railroads and stops any affect movement.
- High Heels : Reverses Economic penalties. (Does not affect houses or hotels.)
- Iron : Ignores any penalty from utilities or jail.
- Thimble : Ignores any trap that loses money.
- Wheelbarrow : Doubles money available on Chance or Community Chest Cards.
- Battleship : Ignores all roll traps in your Neighbor’s game boards.
- You can switch movers as much as you like using them at strategic times to help your game.
Electric Company /Turning the power On
- When you start the game you will notice the power is out. You must pay your electric bill in advance for a certain amount of time.
- You will be given several options broken down in increments as small as every five minutes at no cost to as high as every 24 hours for 800 Monopoly Money. Note that you will earn a bonus that is multiplied by your base rent rate of each property. If you choose a smaller increment of time to keep the power on you will earn a higher bonus. If you are willing to stay in the game for awhile choosing every five minutes would give you a 200% bonus! If you choose the 24 hour option there is no bonus awarded to you. The more you stay in the game the more you own overall.
- If the power goes out you will not earn any rent from your properties so it is critical you purchase electricity in an amount that will keep the money coming in for you as anytime the power goes out your properties will stop earning rent for you.
- Bonus Breakdown: MM = Monopoly Money
- 5 Minutes – Cost – 0 MM, Bonus x 200%
- 2 Hours – Cost 10 MM, Bonus x 180%
- 6 Hours – Cost 50 MM, Bonus x 150%
- 12 Hours – Cost 250 MM, Bonus x 120%
- 24 Hours - Cost – 800 MM, Bonus – None.
Building and Upgrading Properties/Luxuries
- When you begin the game you will be asked to build two houses on the Brown property area.
- You will require to match colors of the properties to the colors on the game board for color bonuses. You will start out by building the two brown houses in the brown properties of Baltic Ave and Mediterranean which are the least expensive properties on the board.
- To Build : Look at the hammer icon shown in the image above and click on it. This opens the store area of the game. Look for the tab with the little house icon. This is where you will buy the colored houses to match to the property color.
- You should click on the house you wish to purchase and it will stick to your cursor. A small patch of land will open up on the game board anywhere a house can be placed. Click on the patch to lock in the purchase and the amount of the house will be deducted from your cash on hand.
- As soon as houses are placed they will start to earn rent for you. (As long as power is on) Each house will earn a base rate every five minutes. Each time you upgrade a house you will increase the amount of rent it will earn for you.
Requirements for upgrading Houses
- To upgrade a house you will require to earn cards that match the property from visiting the game boards of your neighbors. Once you are at a neighbors board you will be able to click on the dice to roll them and your game piece will move around the board. All the traditional elements of Monopoly are still in place such as “Passing Go” and earning 200 Monopoly Money, Chance, Community Chest, Jail, Just Visiting, and landing on properties. Whenever you land on a property space four cards will appear with their backs to you on the screen. You will randomly choose one card out of the four and some of the cards will be properties and the others will be dud cards. In case you pick a dud card you simply have lost the turn. If you choose a property card it will go into your card inventory shown on the lower right side of the game screen along with a summary of how many cards of each color you have. When you have enough cards in hand for an upgrade you will be able to upgrade the house. Important Tip : In case you have the dog marker all property cards will be marked with a paw print on the back side. You will be able to tell where property cards are just not which properties so you will still have to choose randomly.
- You will be given a beginning maximum of eight dice rolls when you visit Neighbors. Each time you level up this number will increase by one and leveling up is rewarded with your maximum number of dice rolls restored. One additional roll is also earned every 15 minutes so if you run out of rolls you can either wait and come back when more have been earned, have you neighbors gift you free ones or purchase them with Monopoly Gold. Tip – If you are getting close to the next level use your dice rolls up so that you will earn more overall when the number is restored.
How to upgrade House
- Once you have enough cards to upgrade a house a small house icon with an arrow will appear over it. click on the house to expand the options menu which circles each house. You will see the upgrade button to the right and it will be filled with color. Click on it and then click again to verify you choice. The house will instantly upgrade and begin earning you more rent.
- Once you have the maximum amount of houses allowed on each land plot you will earn construction of a hotel.
- Each house can be upgraded four times and each time takes more investors than the previous upgrade. You will definitely need Neighbors to upgrade four times.
- Each hotel and its upgrade will require you to have a certain number of investors before it is complete. In order to obtain investors you will need to advertise on your live feed at Facebook and your Neighbors will need to click on a link responding to your request.
- Once all the positions are filled you will have a completed Hotel that earns rent for you and you will have to immediately begin working on the hotels next upgrade which will require more investors than the previous hotel did.
- Important Note : This will require you to post on your live feed. Some people find it helpful to put the color of the hotel in the message area as some prefer to invest in specific properties such as Park Place.
- Important Tip : Be sure to scan the live feeds daily clicking on these investment links for your friends so they will return the favor to you. Without your Neighbors help you will not be able to progress so its very important you make this a part of your daily game play to keep moving. Obviously the more neighbors you have playing the game, the easier this will be for you to accomplish.
- Function of Luxuries : You will be able to place decorations or “Luxuries” around your properties in the grassy areas. These will increase the overall value of your board and are worth the investment once your houses are placed. Some of the goals will require you to place a certain number of decor items.
Collection of Rent
- There are two methods by which Houses collect money for you. Money is earned by you when your friends visit your game board landing on specific properties and you will earn money automatically every five minutes as rent multiplied by upgrade and power bonuses.
- The more you have upgraded your houses the more money they will earn for you over time.
- If you want to see how much money has been earned for you, you can place you cursor over any house or hotel.
- Rent Collection: When rent can be collected you will see an icon of colored money shown over the property as seen in the image above. Simply click on it to collect.
- Important Note : The longer you wait the more you will collect. Instead of having to wait until an maximum amount of money is earned before you can collect you can actually collect at any time once money is earned. Click on houses every five minutes or every couple of minutes its up to you to grab the money when you need it. Just remember it will only accumulate while your power is on.
Purchase of Traps
- Traps can be purchased in the store area by clicking on the hammer building icon then on the “Traps” icon along the top right of the screen.
- Traps are little items you can place on your game board in front of properties which will cause something extra to happen to a visiting neighbors.
- Presently, the Traps in the game (It is anticipated many more will be added in the future) do the following:
- Speed Trap : Cost 1,000 Monopoly Money – When a neighbor passes this trap you will earn a small amount of money from your neighbor in addition to the money earned for landing on a property.
- Maintenance Cost : 2,500 Monopoly Money – (Vacuum Cleaner) This trap will cause the visit bonus to double for any house it is in front of each time a neighbor passes it.
- Time Share : Cost – 5,000 Monopoly Money – (Clock Building) This Trap will cause a player to lose a dice roll if they land on the land in front of it.
- Finance Storm Cost – 10,000 Monopoly Money – (Animated Money Swirl) This trap will suck a moving player back from one or two spaces away.
- Look at the bottom right of the game screen, here you will notice a notepad icon. This is a list of missions for you to accomplish in the game for extra MM and XP (experience points) which help you to level up faster.
- If you want to see your current list, you can Click on the pad. As one mission is completed you will be shown an award screen and given the ability to share this reward with your neighbors with a live feed post. (Click on “Share’ then “Publish” to activate this) Neighbors will have to click on a link in the live feed to collect any bonus money you send out.
- As soon as one mission has been completed a new one will appear in its place with three missions showing at a time.
- Most missions show your progress so if you must visit 20 neighbors you can click on the mission icon to see how close you are to reaching that mission’s goal.
- As you level up the missions become more difficult and the prizes greater.
Rolling Dice/Moving around Neighbor’s game boards
- You will be given a beginning maximum of eight dice rolls to use when you visit Neighbors. Each time you level up this number will increase by one and leveling up is rewarded with your maximum number of dice rolls restored. One additional roll is also earned every 15 minutes so if you run out of rolls you can either wait and come back when more have been earned, have you neighbors gift you free ones or purchase them with Monopoly Gold. Tip – If you are getting close to the next level use your dice rolls up so that you will earn more overall when the number is restored.
- You will notice your Neighbors are listed along the bottom of the game screen with their Facebook profile images and listed in order from highest to lowest level scores.
- To visit a neighbor’s board click on the neighbors image and you will be take there.
- Next you will see the dice on the left side of the screen along with the number of rolls you currently have.
- Click on the die to roll them. Doubles are more valuable and if you land in jail you will need doubles to get out or will have to wait three minutes before the game will let you out automatically.
- Function of Pass Go : You will collect 200 dollar salary
- Community Chest or Chance Cards : If you land on Community Chest or Chance you will be given four cards and will be asked to choose one while the backs are to you. You may get a reward or a loss based on your choices.
- Function of Railroads : If you land on a Railroad you will have to pay a fee. If you land on Luxury Tax or utilities you will also have to pay fees. (Clicking on the little spinner at the center of the board influences the direction of the trains.)
- Function of Free Parking : If you land on Free parking you automatically win a large amount of Monopoly Money and the ability to give a small bonus to your neighbors by posting on the live feeds.
- Jail/Just Visiting : If you land in jail you will need to either roll doubles to get out, or wait three minutes until you can take another turn. You can visit another neighbor while waiting for this three minutes to pass. If you land on just visiting simply spin again or move on to another neighbor’s board.
- Function of Traps : Make sure to know what the different traps do. The speed trap is most common and takes a small amount of coins each time you pass it. Tip – You may want to place a few of these traps on your board to level out the amount of money that you lose from them when visiting neighbors.
- Function of Property Cards : In case you land on a property tile you will be given a choice of four cards with one card for each property and dud cards. If you choose a property card it will be added to your card inventory to upgrade houses with. You will need many cards to upgrade each house so it is important to accumulate as many as you can.
- Important Note : In case you are using the Dog marker you will see the property cards marked with a paw print. This tells you where the property cards are but doesn’t tell you which card has what property so you will still have to make a random guess of chance but avoiding all dud cards in the future.