Begin Your Game
- At the start, you will be presented brief tutorial to get you started that will show you how to purchase and upgrade properties. Ventures mentioned below will help you grow your small village into a country.
- At the very beginning, the first thing you will be asked to do is choose your home office. There are two buildings to choose from and each one offers different advantages.
- Municipal building : Public relations are very important. So, this building on the left focuses more on public relations. If you choose this building each residential building you place will hold one additional resident.
- Corporate HQ : Earning of profits is good for business. So, this building on the right focuses more on profits and if you choose this building you will find that any business you place will have a construction time that completes 10 percent faster than if you place the municipal building.
- Each and every building is equally advantageous so choose the one you think will help you the most. The tutorial will show you how to place the building and you will have to wait for the construction to complete. You can make payment to speed this process up with either cash or Facebook credits.
- Country Name : You can name your country by purchasing letters in the build menu which you can place on the land for others to see. These can only be purchased with Facebook credits.
- Initially, you will start out with a small village and as you level up and expand your land you will eventually have your own country, which you control on many levels. You will control the industry, hiring of employees, residential buildings, ecological issues, population levels, transport systems, and fleets of vehicles such as taxis and railways. You will also place government buildings such as post offices and libraries.
- Game controls through a Panel : Look at the bottom right of the game screen there is a game control panel which allows you to control sound and toggle the neighbors appearing next to your country on or off. Also, you can change to full screen or windowed mode by clicking on the panel at the upper right corner of the game screen.
- Game cash : You will start out with 500,000 game cash. This is the main element of the game and the one you earn when you collect from businesses, factories, and residential buildings.
- Facebook credits : An important element used in the game and can be used to purchase special privileges such as cutting the wait time down on construction of a building or buying special fun items to place in your country. You will have to purchase Facebook credits using a major credit card, PayPal, or one of several other options. Facebook credits can also be used for many other Facebook games.
- Additional Facebook credits can be bought by you and exchange them for game dollars as shown in the image above.
- Important Tip : The more you spend the more you save.
Function of Ventures
- Ventures are listed along the left side of the game screen and a new one appears as you complete one.
- You can get quick summary and for this, Mouse over the goal for a quick summary and click on a venture to see what needs to be done to complete it.
- Important Note : You will see a summary of all tasks that need to be completed when you click on the icon.
- There is a button “Get it Done” and by clicking this button on any venture will take you directly to the purchase menu for that item so you can easily complete it.
- When you complete all the venture requirements you will be rewarded collectibles and with a cash bonus that can be shared with your neighbors. Click on the “Share” button and it will post on the live feed at Facebook. If you neighbors click on the link they will get the cash bonus. Also, keep an eye on the live feeds for links to your neighbor’s bonus postings as you can earn a large amount of money this way to invest in your country.
- During the progress you will need to place different kinds of buildings.
- There is a “Build” button in the menu at the bottom right of the screen. You should click it. You will be able to choose from several different buildings in several categories in the tabs along the top. Choose “Business” for your first building and place the “Small Office”
- If you place a building you will need to wait a while for its construction to complete. There is a small clock seen over the building and if you place your cursor over the building it will tell you how much time is left and how much it will cost to speed it up.
- You can purchase using cash or Facebook credits to speed up this wait time.
- There are usually many phases of construction for each building. As soon as one phase is completed you will see hammer icons over the building. Click on this to start the next phase.
- Each phase can be sped up by paying with additional element or Facebook credits just as the first phase.
- If you complete the building you will see a set of keys over it. This means your building is ready for business and clicking on the keys will open it. Next you will have to hire employees to work in the building or move more tenants in depending on the type of building.
Function of Contracts
- Each business has the potential for three contracts.
- Each contract has a different amount of time until completion and a different profit.
- The longer it takes to complete, the more profits you will earn.
- Choosing a contract will also cause an occasional collectible to be thrown out.
- Upgrade businesses to purchase more contract options.
- You should click on the “Build” button and then on the “Businesses” tab at the top of the screen. Place your cursor over any business to see what contracts it offers and their payouts.
- Important Note : You will have to wait until your reach certain levels to purchase certain buildings and contracts. You may also have to have a certain population in your residential buildings or a certain number of neighbors in the game to proceed.
- When you have a business in place and completed you will be able to collect, profits, XP, and collectibles from it.
- At anytime if you build, invest, upgrade, or collect profits from a structure you will receive collectibles from it.
- Each and every building will give out a specific type of collectible that you will need three of in order to hire a professional to work in the building.
- For example, if you need to hire a businessman you will need to collect a file, PDA, and a briefcase. These can be collected when you collect rent from small office buildings. You can upgrade buildings several times and each time you upgrade more collectibles will come from i.
- Buildings can be upgraded as many as six times. When fully upgraded you will earn your maximum rent.
- Please look for these symbols over buildings:
- $ – Click on a building when you see the dollar symbol over it. This will earn you cash profits and XP. When the “XP” and “$” symbols fall on the screen you can click on them or wait a few minutes and they will add to your overall score.
- Briefcase: This term means that building is ready for another contract. Click on the briefcase and then choose a contract. As you upgrade buildings you will be able to choose more contracts.
- Collectibles : As you play this game, you will learn about the same as they vary. The collectibles for a teacher may be books, chalk, and an apple, for example. There are collectibles for every type of profession in the game and you must collect them all before you can hire that professional. Once you collect whatever the three items are you will be able to hire a professional for whatever business or industry you choose.
- Facebook credits can be utilized at any time to hire someone if you do not want to wait for collectibles.
- In case you do not know what collectibles you need simply look up the profession. If you need to know which buildings produce those collectibles go into the build menu and mouse over that area to see what collectibles a particular building can earn you and make sure they are on your land.
Purpose of Hiring Employees
- When you have all three collectibles needed for a profession you will be able to hire that professional to work in whatever building needed.
- There is a “Hire” Button. Click on “Hire” and then on the amount of money needed to purchase that employee.
- When you reach the maximum number of employees for a business you will be at maximum earning capacity for that building.
- Do not forget that you can always hire an employee right away using Facebook credits if you want.
Function of Transportation/Vehicles
- Each and every factory or business has a certain type of transportation or vehicle associated with it, which is critical to make deliveries or fulfill contracts for that business. You always get at least one vehicle associated with each factory.
- You will be prompted to purchase these vehicles and increase their quantity over time until you have a full fleet.
- The more vehicles you own the better. This means more profit for you and less time to wait until a contract is completed.
- Vehicles can be purchased in the “Transport” menu or when you upgrade a building there will be an option to buy them.
Population/Residential Buildings Increase
- You grow the population of your country by placing residential buildings. Each time you upgrade one of these buildings you further increase the population.
- You collect funds and collectibles from these buildings as well as businesses.
- Your population is divided into two groups
- Unemployed Group : This group is needed to work in factories and businesses.
- Employed Professionals: These are professionals that are needed in order to build certain buildings in the first place.
- You will require to have a certain number of people in order to expand your land and to increase your “Era” which starts out as a small village and ultimately works your way up to a country once you hit level 29 (the game’s current maximum level).
- There is a population meter along the top right of the game screen. Be sure to keep an eye on this meter and be sure you know how many people you need in order to upgrade to the next era or level.
Need of Energy
- You will require electricity to support all the houses, businesses, and factories in your country.
- In case you level up more and more generators, windmills, and power plants will unlock for you to place in your country in order to keep it running smoothly.
- If you do not have enough power you won’t earn profits so keep an eye on the energy meter listed at the top mid right of the game screen.
- Important Note : Your energy meter does not refill when you level up in the game.
Importance of Ecology
- It is important to take environmental concerns seriously when you are running a country.
- You will require to plant trees, shrubs, parks, and do things such as recycle to contribute to the well being of the environment.
- Ecology meter is there. Look at the top right of the game screen. Click on it to see the ratio of good you are doing versus pollution that the various businesses and factories are putting into the air.
- In case you can keep this number well balanced or so that the ecology level is higher than the pollution level you will do well.
Decor and Roads
- Decor placed around a building actually increases the buildings profits so be sure to place them around the buildings.
- Roads can be bought in the store and also will appear when placed if no trees are in the way.
- Important Note : You must have a road connected to a structure or it will not work for you and earn any kind of profit.
Finding and inviting Neighbors
- Neighbors are critical as you will need them to reach certain milestones in the game and start certain businesses.
- You can find people at the My Country Facebook page by doing a search at Facebook. This is a great way to find new friends to play with.
- You can also send invitations out to your Facebook friends and, once accepted, you will be able to add them as neighbors.
- In case you see blue around a neighbor’s name at the bottom of the screen where the neighbor menu is located this means they are officially your neighbor and you can click on this area to visit them and help them out, which means profits for both of you.
- Three tabs are there above the neighbor area which allows you to choose how to categorize them. You can put them in order of the value of their country, the population, or by the level they have reached in the game.
Duration of Visiting Neighbors
- You can visit your neighbors once every 24 hours.
- Click on their profile image along the bottom of the game screen in the neighbor menu.
- Once there you will see their country along with its value and all the buildings placed.
- Just for arriving you will earn $1,000 cash and five XP points.
- You can help three times in addition to the cash and XP bonus. Each time you help you can earn even more cash or bonus XP.
- Click on a building that says, “10%” for an additional $250 dollar bonus, or click on “XP” and you will be rewarded with two additional XP points, which help you level up faster in the game.
- Whenever you are finished (look to the bottom left for a countdown meter and timer which shows how much time is left before you can visit again) you can click on “Share” and an additional bonus will be sent to your neighbor if they choose to accept it from the live feed page on Facebook.
Sending and Receiving Daily Free Gifts
- Sending gifts : You can send one free gift to your neighbor every 24 hours.
- You can either send a free gift or you can purchase an even better gift using cash or Facebook credits.
- Click on “Send Gifts” at the top of the game screen and a menu will appear.
- You should choose the free gift and send it to several people at once or one person at a time if you want to send different gifts to different people.
- Your neighbor will have to accept the gift before they can use it.
- Accepting gifts : If you are sent a gift you will be notified as soon as you log into the game. Click to accept the gifts and they will move into your warehouse inventory.
- You should Click to place them and use them anywhere you want in your country. Depending on the gift it can be very valuable to have in your country.