Game Introduction – Solitaire Blitz
Solitaire Blitz is a social card game from PopCap Games, in which you can play a social twist on classic solitaire with your friends. In this quick start guide, we will give you all the tips and tricks you will need to make sure you know everything you need to know before jumping into the game.
Quick Start Guide
- To get playing Solitaire Blitz, you will first need to click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page. Once you’ve reached Facebook, you should read over the game’s account requirements before clicking the “Install” button.
- Once you have reached the game’s main screen, you’re ready to start playing after a quick tutorial. Let’s go over the game’s basics to make sure you understand how to play.
- On the main screen, you will be shown a leaderboard off to the right of the screen, along with a giant “Play” button in the middle. Click on that “Play” button to get playing now.
- Now you are introduced to Pearl, and she will lead you along in the tutorial.
How to Play
- Just like in classic Klondike Solitaire, you will need to click on cards that are either higher or lower than the build pile shown above the rest of the cards.
- Now you will be shown a status screen with your final score. You’ll also be shown a count of your total amount of silver earned while playing, along with your maximum multiplier and longest run of cards matched consecutively.
- If you like your score, you can post it to your wall to brag to your friends. Of course, you can always just hit the Play Again button to start playing again immediately.
- Now, in order to keep playing Solitaire Blitz, you will need energy. Energy recharges overtime, so you can come back later after you have used all of yours up, or you can purchase additional Energy boosts with Facebook Credits.
- During play, you may also come across cards with keys attached to them. This adds a new layer of depth, as these cards will unlock further build piles for you to build upon. This means that you can use any of the piles while playing.
- If you manage to make all of the cards from the bottom of the screen move to the build pile, you will receive an additional bonus to your final score.
- Boosts are generally available before playing each round of the game, and will help you earn more points in each of these rounds.
- For any given round, you can choose to use up to 3 boosts. Boosts are disposable items, meaning that you will only be able to use them once before having to purchase more.
- The option to use boosts usually pops up just before you are about to play a round. When they do pop-up, you can purchase them with the silver you have earned while playing.
- A few of the boosts available are: Extra Time (grants you a few extra seconds in each round), Starting Joker (starts you out with a joker so it’s easy to start playing effectively), Key Magnet (automatically brings all of the key cards to the top of the screen), Bonus Fish (grants you a multiplier for the round) and Starrgh-Fish (will automatically play 10 smart moves for you quickly).
- You may also buy additional boosts with Facebook credits if you wish (real money). This option is available by clicking on the “Shop for More Boosts” button off to the right of the boosts screen.
- In Solitaire Blitz, you may also purchase additional decks with Facebook credits if you like. The available decks range from cute kitties, to unicorns, and even snakes.
- Keep in mind that these decks are only cosmetic, and are expensive to purchase. Choose wisely before purchasing any of these decks, because you will not see any gameplay benefit by doing so.
Leaderboards and Free Gifts
- What fun would it be playing a game on Facebook if you couldn’t compare with your friends somehow? Solitaire Blitz offers leaderboard support, and the ability to send gifts and boosts to your friends.
- You can see the leaderboards on the main screen, along with your latest high score compared to your friends. It’s a race to the top, so you’d better practice!
- Free Gifts are available by clicking on the “Free Gifts” tab above the game’s main screen. Here you will see a grid of goodies you can send your friends. Hopefully, they will send you one back.
You have completed the quick start guide for Solitaire Blitz on Facebook. Playing solitaire is easy, but your skills should be even more enhanced after going over this guide.