The Hot New Vacation Destination
- A lot of information you will find in the game’s tutorial which helps a lot in teaching you the very basic parts of the experience. However, the main hands-on portion cuts off pretty quick and leaves you on your own. That said, the tutorial is worth paying attention to, as it contains worthwhile information.
- In case no attention is paid to the tutorial, you are required to know: Sunshine Bay is a cruise destination (and takeoff point). The entire city runs off a tourist economy and your job is to help it flourish. The two main ways of doing this are arranging cruises and building the city’s attractions.
- While building the city, you have a variety of structures that you can use. Residential buildings will typically increase the number of travelers in town. The exception is the town hall, which increases your town’s population, a stat necessary to build larger structures. Yachts increase the number of passengers per cruise. Commerce buildings earn more money and industrial structures raise power output.
- Port Buildings add a bit of variety to your city. Each building will do something different, whether it is storing a larger ship, or speeding up a specific process. The piers and docks are the most important of the Port Buildings, as they will be used for loading and unloading passengers for cruises.
- For connecting all buildings, you are required to place roads. The game will show an error blip over buildings that are not connected to the rest via a road. The construction symbol on the left side of the control panel gives the options to build roads at no cost.
- The city is powered by two main resources, which are population and power. These options are easy to come by (just build new buildings), and a high amount of each option is required to build more powerful buildings as you progress.
- You can expand your city’s borders by clicking a dark green plot of land. You can finalize your purchase using either in-game gold or the premium cash currency.
- The other major area of Sunshine Bay is the cruise industry. While you would not be visiting cruises yourself, you will be able to pick a destination and set sail with your boat of choice. You can buy more Yachts in the menu, each holding more passengers, if you have them available.
- Ships need three things for a cruise: a destination, passengers, and fuel. Choosing a destination is a simple task. You start off with simple areas, such as a practice run or a trip to a neighboring island. Over time, you will unlock more distant spots, such as Cuba, San Francisco, or Bangkok. Each time you level up, you will unlock a new destination.
- When you select your destination, your yacht will dock at the pier and wait to be fueled. You will earn plenty of fuel as you play the game, and if you happen to run low, more can be purchased at any time.
- Once your boat is ready to go, click on it again to load it with passengers. Like fuel, passengers are a cherished resource in the city, and they’re just as easy to come by. Take note that most of the housing you build will attract passengers, and you just need to click on the building when the picture of the suitcase appears above it.
- Earning of Gold : When you complete cruises, it will earn experience and gold, allowing you to work toward unlocking new cruises and bigger money making opportunities.
Important Tips and Tricks
- There will always be a list of active quests on the left side of the screen. You’ll receive a variety of rewards for completing these goals, including experience. While you don’t need to follow these goals to play the game, it’s recommended you stick to them for a while after the tutorial in order to get a better feel for how the game works.
- Roads are free to build and destroy, so don’t worry about going a little crazy with them. They’re needed to make sure most buildings are functioning as intended, plus they look silly when bunched together.
- Clicking the radar will inform you of any guest yachts that want to land at one of your piers. These ships will give you free money and resources, as well as provide help towards completing various quests.
- In case there is less gold, you should visit Delores, the default in-game friend. You can collect the gold and resources from her city, though yours will soon be big enough to function on its own.