You do not need to be a combo pro or work on some T-spin cheats to do this trick. What I’m going to teach is a simple guide on how to slam a T-spin to knock your opponent down. Let us first divide the game interface in to three sections: Left side, Center and the Right side.
Double T-Spin Tutorial
Right side (R)
There are only three types of pieces that will be placed on the right hand side: the red S piece, the light blue I piece, and the all-powerful purple T piece.
Left side (L)
This will be your dumping section. Place pieces here that you cannot place in the center or right.
Comprises the three leftover columns not included in right and left, and it is used to set up the left side of the T-Spin slots.
Steps for Double T-Spin
Step 1: Preparation
It is important to remember that in order to complete the T-spin technique, you should start the base accurately. To start, you must leave 3 columns at the right side of the game interface. Why? because this is where you will place the Red S piece.
Building the base can be one of the most frustrating things for a newbie T-Spinner to deal with, but still, practice will improve performance!
These are some types of combinations on how to set up the opening.
Step 2: Center Stacking
- Now you should practice these basic combinations for Center Stacking. Why? This is the common combinations that are used while you are building your opening.
- This is your combinations if you are doing the T-Spin at the Right Side of the Matrix.
- The first one is the most common combination for T-Spinners.
- Learn the pattern and observe how the gaps are used.
- Try to practice with the combinations and try not to cling on one combination only. This will make you more flexible to any situation.
Step 3: Left Side Stacking
The Left Side is your dumping area. You can place anything in the dump area. Left side Stacking is the key to have a good canter stacking combination. The Left Side and Center part should slightly have the same height as you stack them.
- Let see some screen shots of Left Side Stacking.
- Notice carefully where I place each Tetrimino piece and practice it.
Step 4: The Red S Piece
The Red piece can be put anywhere and can be used as a dump, for center stacking combination. But the main usage of the red piece is for the support of the T-Spin.
- To set the key piece to its place, first you must have a Red piece.
- Move it to the right side of the game interface, rotate it to 90ᵒ then simply hit Space Bar to perform a Hard Drop.
- Here I performed a series of T-spin slots. Notice that the Red S piece is going higher to level with the first T-Slot.
Step 4: The Almighty T-Spin!
After you are finished in building your Base, Center Stacking, Left Side Stacking and positioning the Red piece, we are now ready to perform the Magical T-spin!
- First you must have the T piece or the purple one.
- Then position it to 90ᵒ like the one on the first screen shot below.
- Perform a Soft Drop until it reaches the T-slot where it will fit.
- Lastly, do the spin: hit “X” or the “Up Arrow Key” on your keyboard.